1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

1 or more things you love about yourself? { Self Love }

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juniper, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Juniper The Resident Authentic Witch

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,116ლ
    I wanted to make this topic to ask everyone what are 1 or more things they love about themselves. From my own personal experience I struggled for half my life with my extremely low self esteem , confidence and worth issues growing up. I strongly disliked a lot about myself and never tried accepting, respecting and loving myself. Later in my life I relazed who gives a hoot what others think of you. Own it, be YOU and certainly DON'T be afraid to be your TRUE authentic self. YOU'RE beautiful and perfect they way YOU are, NEVER forget that YOU are worth something and deserve love and respect as anyone. NEVER change for anyone stay true to you.

▪︎I love my eyes
    ▪︎I love my smile
    ▪︎ I love my shaved head look and if there's hair its only peach fuzz. ( My family and even anyone I encounter loves it and says I look very pretty, cute and it suites me well the style)
    ▪︎I love my how I look body wise more now
    ▪︎I love my laugh
    ▪︎I love my empathy towards others since I do truly care for others a lot, even if I fear them as well to get to close still at times. ( I'm also an Empath )
    ▪︎I deeply love/care about animals, recycling and the environment.
    ▪︎I love that I'm no longer afraid to be my true authentic self.

2. Laraib

Laraib aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,487ლ
    I love how modest and humble I am and wish I stay like that forever.

Juniper likes this.
  3. Juniper The Resident Authentic Witch

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,116ლ
    @Laraib
    That's good traits to have.

4. Laraib

Laraib aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,487ლ
    Oh come on don't flatter me xD

5. Juniper The Resident Authentic Witch

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,116ლ
    @Laraib
    No, I'm being honest I like that in a person.

6. Laraib

Laraib aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,487ლ
    thanks :) I guess everyone should learn to love themselves in this emotionally deprived society

7. Juniper The Resident Authentic Witch

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,116ლ
    @Laraib
    I also like traits like that in guy's however never met really any in my life, sadly to say. Yes, that's true and also true you can't love another person if you don't love, respect and take care of yourself first as well. To me and yes I can be wrong and others will have their opinions about this. My experience of being hurt by countless people as well observing over the years I've met a lot of people who didn't love and take proper are of themselves. When they were in a relationship with someone they always had fights with each other or were depressed they couldn't understand each others needs/wants. So in conclusion I think you need to love yourself first to then treat your partner right and give them 100% into your relationship with them. If you respect and take care of yourself then you won't have that stressor or problem plus trying to maintain your relationship if your in one.

8. Laraib

Laraib aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,487ლ
    Yeah ever since quarantine started I've had a lot of time to reflect upon myself and more often than not I found myself cringing and hating myself for something I did in the past. I hate that aspect about my psychology since I can't change that and it makes me want to gouge my eyes out from frustration. I guess these negative thoughts will go away once I get busy again but God I wish I wasn't so foolish back then.

9. Juniper The Resident Authentic Witch

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,116ლ
    @Laraib
    You'll be alright don't worry just continue to take life day by day and taking care of yourself mentally and physically. You're doing wonderfully I think. ( ^,.,^ ) You now recognized what you once did and who you were in the past and now don't like it. It's actually the first step of becoming a better person. I've changed a lot and very much didn't like the old me. I've been working hard for 4 and a half years now and improved tremendously. I've faced countless hardships even sadly traumatic things no one should go through nor happen to them. However I'm a much stronger women now and extremely proud of who I am today since I love myself more than ever.

Life isn't easy nor perfect even anyone is not perfect. We will all always have ups and downs but we all can overcome them either by support a bit, though most of all with ourselves taking charge and changing for the better. It's our choice to want to be better and happy. No one can make you happy it comes within ourselves. People think finding love will make them happy and feel loved making them love themselves more. Honestly that isn't true to a full extent. People or a romantic partner can make you happy a little but true happiness comes within you and not a person changing you. All my opinin of coarse and I can be wrong as well.

As for quarantine it's hasmade so many people think more about there life I think and are changing it. I haven't met anyone personally who has or is doing that since I have no social life, friends or a romantic partner. So for me it's just me and my family is all I got for support as well my awesome therapist. Sounds really sad and pathetic but as I stated in my welcome thread I never had any luck with people and always got hurt by them. So I'm alone though still try and reach out and help others since I do care for people still and i socialize with them, even if I don't have relations with others like that ever. My apologies for rambling on. ( ^,.,^ ; )

Laraib likes this.
  10. Blazing Storm Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    58,974ლ
    [​IMG]

Laraib likes this.
  11. Laraib

Laraib aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,487ლ
    Thank you for these words. It seems like you yourself had some stuff going on in the past as well, but you perservered. I hope that everything goes well for you in the future as well and you stay as amazing as you are :)

Juniper likes this.
  12. Juniper The Resident Authentic Witch

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,116ლ
    @Laraib
    Thank you a lot for your kind words, I appreciate it. I never really been called awesome a lot, it's nice to know that I am, heh. Thank you and so far at the moment things are going very well though minor downs still in my life. Though I can get past them much more quickly than in the past. I see life much more differently after I had a spiritual awakening ( Apologies if you don't believe in that stuff, I do a lot and I'm a spiritual person as well ) due to a traumatic event that happened to me in person. I just one day said enough is enough and vowed right there to not dweal no more in the dark my pessimistic, negative mindset on myself and life, and being angry a lot about it.

I will not accept being treated like trash, a doormat, not worth anything to anyone anymore. So 4 years ago I started changing myself in all kinds of ways with the help/support of my family, though really just me doing it myself. I learned to be more optimistic, positive, mindful, compassionate, confident and learned to truly love and take care of myself more or even for the first time mentally and physically. Thus began my spiritual journey as well which is still helping me a lot or very much still today. No one is perfect nor every will be, we must all remember that. I'll still have moment's where I get down since nothing is sunshine and roses or an easy walk in the park as most people think.

We all must try our best each day, taking it little by little to take care of ourselves mentally and physically. It won't be easy and still we all can get reay down and be stuck for a while too, that even ecludes myself as well. We all must keep fighting and not give up. Ask yourself would you rather not do anything and let the darkness win? Or would you rather fight till you get what you want a better life, to be happy and healthy? It all comes to choice in the end. We all choose what we want to do it's a choice and only we can do it. No one can help you if you don't choose to try and change and willing to change yourself really. I made this thread to see what others loved about themselves like myself of self love.

We're all important, matter, worth something, deserve full respect, and to be loved by those close to us. If I could overcome so much heartache and pain anyone can overcome and beat it. It is possible so please if anyone here is struggling know your not alone and things do and will get better if you truly want to get better. Apologies for rambling on (^,.,^:) I just wanted to speak my mind and say all that to you and everyone.

________

More things I ❤ about myself:
    ▪︎I love im a very caring, affectionate, kind, respectful, polite, friendly, playful, loyal, strong, freice, and a protective women of my those dear to my heart, my loved ones. ( Like a wolf personality )
    ▪︎ I love that I'm no longer afraid to speak my mind anymore and keep it 100% real with people and don't sugar coat things. More or less being extremely honest with anyone. I don't take no more crap from others nor let them bring me down anymore.
    ▪︎ I love that I'm taking extremely better care of my health mentally and physically now eating healthy and staying fit as well seeing a truly wonderfully therapist thats helping me so much as well making my family help me more as well by them understanding me more to help me better on my journey to recovery.
    ▪︎ I love that I can actually cook healthy things now since I used to never do nor was good at doing and only ate junk foods/drinks.

Laraib likes this.
  13. Natsu Shazneel Advanced Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,087ლ
    I love that I'm a Fairy Tail fanboy. The power of friendship in this series is real.

upsurge likes this.
  14. upsurge

upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,712ლ
    I feel far more confident in myself these days thanks to improved physical health.

15. Otaking66lives 66th King of the Otaku

Trophy Points
    I love all the friends I have made...they have supported and carried me through the darkest times of my life. Now I get to make more here...and help carry all my friends old and new when they need a hand.

upsurge likes this.