1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Clannad

Discussion in 'Visual' started by Jinguuji-Gunsou, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Jinguuji-Gunsou UN Eishi

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,223ლ
    Magical Amber submitted a new Showcase Item:

Clannad

Read more about this showcase item here...

Galahad likes this.
  2. Galahad

Galahad Heaven's Feel

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,656,119ლ
    Clannad was/is great.

3. Nova Rєвιятн & Hσρє

Trophy Points
    Keno
    863ლ
    Haven't watched this ._.

4. Karma <IMBA-Onyxia>

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,156ლ
    Agreed.

5. Jinguuji-Gunsou UN Eishi

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,223ლ
    You might be dissuaded by the legions of people (mostly minors) who scream that it's the saddest animu evar or 'muh feels', but even from a mature standpoint it is a very well-written and executed title, in both VN and anime format. While there are a LOT of parts that feel a bit half-assed or thrown in for funsies, the comedy is spot on, the protagonist has some of the most development in any series ever made, the soundtrack is a billion-outta-ten masterpiece, and the last 10 episodes of the 2nd season are nothing short of fantastic.

The first season is a mix of 4-5 different routes from the VN, some of them great, some not so great, and it ends a bit abruptly so it doesn't really feel any better than Kanon or something similar. Second season is where it does a 180 from the typical school life BS and shows us something we almost never get in anime anymore; what happens afterward. It makes an amazing transition from carefree, melodramatic teen life, to striking out in the real world, including all the hardships that come with it such as finding your own place, balancing work and other prospects, and starting a family. That alone sets it apart from literally every other slice of life or romance series I've ever seen. The whole 50-ish episodes thing might turn you off, but in reality it couldn't have been done as well in any less.

Needless to say, I highly recommend it, and due to my personal circumstances at the time of my first viewing of Clannad (I've watched it start to finish 4 times now), it's one of the most important anime I've ever seen in regards to myself. My MAL account has over 800 anime series on it, with less than 10 of them rated at a 10/10. Clannad After Story is one of them.

Taki likes this.
  6. VaroOP Regular Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    294ლ
    Is this worth playing ? I have watched all the anime series it has and the OVAs as well. I also played a VN called Tomoyo After ~ Its a wonderful life ~

7. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    189,804ლ
    Clannad is defo worth it

8. Crispickle christmassy feeling

recruiter
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    11,350ლ
    i remember thinking the art was awful on a first glance, but i got involved pretty quickly

the aspect of "picking your girl" here isn't a thing though, since they try their best to make you fall in love with nagisa (successfully, at least on my experience) and the others kind of disappear in comparison.

9. Taki Regular Member

Trophy Points
    Clannad is a wonderful Visual Novel. If memory serves me correctly, Kappei isn't even in the anime and his route is amazing! The only thing that might put people off about Clannad is that it takes a long time to read. It's longer than a lot of VNs. I've spent about 48 hours in it so far and I am on my first reading of AfterStory. Still awhile before I unlock the true route. Every moment has been amazing! Of course I do love Key's VNs. Only one I haven't read is Air. Haven't been able to find a copy of it.

10. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    189,804ლ
    AfterStory made me cry like a little baby

Taki likes this.