1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Comfy Café #13

Discussion in 'Chatroom Corner' started by Kaito, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,805ლ
    That makes sense, so for a better quality one it's either more, or more because it's a spec bump too.

That far? Impressive.

I just meant internals. But yeah, didn't consider build quality.

How they can not be ashamed putting out crap is always astounding.

Yeah, xD Earliest I would would be 2024-6.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    upsurge likes this.
  2. upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,015ლ
    There are models with better build quality but weaker specs. One example had the same CPU for the same price, but 8 GB RAM in single channel and 256 GB SSD instead of 512 GB.

Yeah, the Ryzen 5 5500U is that impressive. Then you have the Ryzen 7 5700U and Ryzen 7 5800U, which are two of the most powerful ULV CPUs around. They're both rated at 25 Watt at the highest cTDP but rival the strongest 12th Gen i5 performance class laptop CPUs in actual gaming (multi-core though; the i5s still win out in single core).

Build quality was a strong consideration when buying. There were much better options out there than the Vero Green, but it was among the better options (second best, actually) in the price range. The first was an Asus Vivobook X15 but with half the RAM, worse display, and a mushy (though not bad quality) keyboard. Vero Green is also very easy to maintain and upgrade ourselves.

Another consideration was bloatware. Acer and Asus have almost zero bloatware and are quite snappy out of the box (their faster storage solutions also help); whereas HP, Dell, Lenovo come loaded with annoying bloatware that you have to get rid of to make them snappier. This is why my last two purchases from them (Dell desktop and Lenovo laptop - both for office) were DOS systems on which I did clean installs of Windows on my own. HP has gotten better on the bloatware front, but Dell and Lenovo are still big offenders.

Dell, HP, Lenovo have built "brand value" here such that your average buyer will automatically gravitate towards them without even considering the likes of Acer or Asus. Even multi-brand showrooms will always show people those first three brands, even when the potential buyer specifically asks for other brands. It's a shitty situation; especially given that those first three brands have gotten complacent on the quality front.

Ye.

Gobb likes this.
  3. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,805ლ
    Yeah, but no point going even worse right?

What are intel and nvidia even doing? LMAO.

Yeah, that's fair. Want it to last.

Yeah, **** bloatware. I was gonna say, you could do a clean install. xD

I feel like most companies used to be more quality now just piss out trash because it's all about making shit break so people buy the next product sooner. They're built to last maybe 3 years at best, or just outside the warranty period, then are expected to break and you replace it. Sad.

upsurge likes this.
  4. upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,015ლ
    Minting money because of lack of competition.

Sure, there is AMD, but they don't have the market share and reach that Intel and Nvidia do.

No need with Acer. It's like a clean install of Windows, pretty much. Only things there are the limited period AV software which is a breeze to uninstall and put in my own, Acer Care centre, and in the case of Nitro/Predator - Acer's own software for fan control, managing CPU and GPU power plans and usage, monitoring temperatures, such stuff. Same story with Asus.

Yeah, it ******* sucks. And if you do want something that'll last you have to shell out a bomb or look at other brands.

Gobb likes this.
  5. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,805ლ
    True.

I just meant in the scenario it was filled with bloatwere, but that's good ot hear.

Yup.

upsurge likes this.
  6. JoeJoe

JoeJoe from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    169,441ლ

this movie will be a banger. Bet.

7. Yoru Godly Member

Trophy Points
    I bought one with DOS and installed win10 I already owned :gigachad

upsurge and Gobb like this.
  8. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,805ლ
    Based

Yoru likes this.
  9. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,805ლ
    night

10. upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,015ლ
    You ******* chad...

Too bad DOS laptops are almost extinct here, and what DOS laptops you do get have weakass specs (like at most an i3 from previous gen).

Goodnight, bucket repairer +.+

Gobb and Yoru like this.
  11. Yoru Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Found cockroaches in my bathroom how the **** do I get rid of them??!!

12. Yoru Godly Member

Trophy Points
    We keep the house really clean wtf

Maybe they came from outside but what if theyre inside walls aaaaaa

13. upsurge God of Tea

Trophy Points
    Keno
    3,015ლ
    Well, you have some options:
    1. Keep a gang of leopard geckos in the house. They'll eat those motherfuckers.
    2. Buy anti-roach paste/gel/chalk and put spots of that stuff in places likely to be frequented by roaches.
    3. Buy anti-roach sticky paper/boards (they're the size of A5 sheets of paper) and keep them all over the house.

They can get into the house via drain pipes and even bathroom or kitchen sinks. Also check to see if they laid eggs under furniture or the wardrobes.

14. Blazing Storm Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    60,195ლ
    Cockroach repellants

15. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,805ლ
    1) Spray/Squishing and killing them when you see them
    2) Bait/repellant