1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Normal Game Thread Cow's Assassin Game (Canceled)

Discussion in 'Grand Library' started by Cow, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    Big Trouble in Little Salem
    Rules
    1. All sectional and forum rules apply.
    2. Day phases will be 24 hours. There are no night phases.
    3. Players may communicate outside of the game thread freely, unless otherwise stated. All game and forum rules apply to these PM conversations.
    4. Plurality lynch is in effect. If there is a tie, the first two players to receive the most votes will be lynched.
    5. Do not quote or screenshot messages received by the GM, unless otherwise stated. If you have game-related questions, please PM the GM.
    6. The only exception to rule 5 is your Role Card. Quoting of your role card is allowed, but do not use screenshots.
    7. Role and flavour claiming is allowed and is encouraged.
    8. There will be a vote thread. If you would like to change your vote, please post in that thread using the default vote format. It is recommended that you put a reason with your vote for posterity sake.
    9. Mechanical information and a small guide will be available in the Game Thread's opening post.
    10. All Votes are to be posted in the Voting Thread: https://www.sugoidesu.net/threads/cows-assassin-game-voting-thread.15604/
    Player List (15)
    1. @Ningen
    2. @Railgun99
    3. @Prada
    4. @Rotaretilbo
    5. @Ratchet
    6. @CrimsonReaper
    7. @Nick
    8. @Crispickle
    9. @Globear
    10. @Lord Maple
    11. @S H I N T O
    12. @Shanks
    13. @Quick
    14. @Bimbonium
    15. @wowee
    Substitute Players (Inactive player spots will be given on First Come, First Serve Basis)
    1. @poutanko
    This prize list will apply for this game: https://www.sugoidesu.net/threads/mafia-rules-and-guides.6422/#post-115656

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  2. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    Guide to playing Assassin Games
    What is an Assassin Game?
    An Assassin Game is a variant of Mafia. It's like a normal Mafia game except there are no night phases, plurality is enabled by default, and out of thread communicate is enabled by default.

Default Factions.
    The Town are called the Town, the Mafia are called Assassins.

When do you submit your night action?
    Submit your night action any time during the day. It will be processed when the day ends.

FAQ
    Will add more here as people ask me more questions.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  3. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    Vanilla Role Format

4. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
  5. Ningen NIngenest of them all

Trophy Points
    Keno
    11,356ლ
    Limits?
    Elaborate

Also none of your tags work just sayin

6. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    I believe postal services are not well equiped enough to handle this kind of game, so I think anything but that is okay.

Meant "Plurality". Fixed.

7. Ningen NIngenest of them all

Trophy Points
    Keno
    11,356ლ
    I meant technically - Out of thread here refers to PM's some scum might have or is it like anyone including town can talk to player outside the game and get their roles and talk and shiz ?

and aye gotcha

8. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    Anyone can communicate with anyone unless otherwise stated through whichever means they feel is most convenient.

9. Quick Mafiahalic

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,327ლ
    I have not played a game like this, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I have played Nightless games and I have played Games with Day actions but never both at the same time. Its an interesting way to do things and tbh, I am surprised it isn't done more because it seems like a pretty efficient way to play considering all VT have to do at night is sit on their hands or prepare a post for next phase.

This is all ofc, NAI, but I wanted to share my thoughts on this regardless.

10. Quick Mafiahalic

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,327ლ
    Currently have a Town read on Nigen for acting like things haven't been explained to them. This is weak ofc, but it is a starting point to get discussion started.

11. Quick Mafiahalic

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,327ლ
    I didn't realize OGC was in effect this game till I read that Nigen had questions about it. This changes the game drastically.

I think we should still use this thread for the majority of content in this game. We can't build trust with someone out of nothings and things get convoluted talking to just one person at a time since its awkward to interact with someone you have a Scum read on or have voted.

Thoughts?

12. Railgun99 Scarecrow ◤(¬‿¬)◥

Trophy Points
    Keno
    9,111ლ
    First time I'm playing a game of this style. Good luck everyone :D

13. Ningen NIngenest of them all

Trophy Points
    Keno
    11,356ლ
    Im sticking to thread mainly for its in spirit of mafia unless confirmed town appears.

Tho I will be on lookout for people who post in thread too less

14. Nick Junior Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,085ლ
    Im not too sure how this would make him likely more town from your perspective. Slightly looks like you are just handing out town cred to make yourself look better.

Even if he was scum he wouldn't know the answer to his questions which were all town based anyway. Only mentioning the basic scum PM if team possible was only scum mention in general.

So I'm not too sure where that gives any town read at all, weak or not.

15. Crispickle christmassy feeling

recruiter
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    11,342ლ
    i was thinking whether town has or not any reason to bring discussion away from the thread.

i played assassin games that were not related to mafia and had no "town" faction as we intend it. More like there were two or more factions of not-assassins and a bunch of assassins that could be even independent from each other. In that kind of game, i see external communication being important to the point of being much more crucial than the main thread. But here, everyone who isn't a wolf is a townie, so even if external communication is allowed, we should still use the thread as a main stream of information and opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.