1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Dies Irae

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Zen, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Zen

Zen God of War

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,819,688ლ
    [​IMG]

On May 1, 1945 in Berlin, as the Red Army raises the Soviet flag over the Reichskanzlei, a group of Nazi officers conduct a ritual. For them, the slaughter in the city is nothing but the perfect ritual sacrifice in order to bring back the Order of the 13 Lances, a group of supermen whose coming would bring the world's destruction. Years later, no one knows if this group of officers succeeded, or whether they lived or died. Few know of their existence, and even those who knew began to pass away as the decades passed.

Now in December in the present day in Suwahara City, Ren Fujii spends his days at the hospital. It has been two months since the incident that brought him to the hospital: a fight with his friend Shirou Yusa where they almost tried to kill each other. He tries to value what he has left to him, but every night he sees the same dream: a guillotine, murderers who hunt people, and the black clothed knights who pursue the murderers. He is desperate to return to his normal, everyday life, but even now he hears Shirou's words: "Everyone who remains in this city eventually loses their minds."

2. Zen

Zen God of War

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,819,688ლ
    Watched the first episode, shit was whack lmao. Was a bit let down by the animation quality, though it did pick up a bit by the end. Was a strange start honestly, still need a bit of time to process it.

3. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,358ლ
    A bit of a messy and ugly start I suppose, its just the prologue though so we'll have to see if it picks up or not. Overall still a let down.

4. Arc The King )***(

Trophy Points
    Keno
    717,061ლ
    Not on par with FSN, but the VN is still one of the better ones out there and seeing the quality of the first episode was just ugh.
    Chaotic and an animation that got better by the time, but still something you would only accept to see while watching a weekly OP episode.

I really hope this picks up and delivers like it deserves..

5. Kagerou

Kagerou Summertime Record

Trophy Points
    Keno
    128,847ლ
    Eh, it wasn't even the first episode. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, I'm not really certain what we'll be expecting with the studio, but hopefully it gets much better treatment later on.

For now, I'd just say this is another case of the source being better than the adaption.

6. Rave

Rave Junior Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    100,059ლ
    Considering it had a better budget than most other Anime, yes, it has terrible animation. Changes were made to the Anime, but, I don't know - it feels so bleh. I hope the Anime can do better than that, one can hope at least. They nailed Reinhard and Merc, though, so that's good.

7. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,358ლ
    Episode 1 was an improvement, but still trying to piece things together, so its a bit confusing.

8. Rave

Rave Junior Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    100,059ლ
    Lmao, that was the reaction all of Japan had in the first chapter. I'm hopeful that things will pick up, else this will be a butchered adaptation.

9. Zen

Zen God of War

Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,819,688ლ
    Yep, episode 1 was much better. If this level of quality continues I'll be happy, but better is always good.

10. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,358ლ
    Eh I'm thinking about dropping this, nothing has me hooked, its boring, and I can't piece together what is going on. I haven't tried the VN(not really a VN guy), but I can already tell this is a brutally butchered adaption and it'll probably get more painful as things progress.