1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Dragon Ball Super - Episode 122 Discussion

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Gobb, Jan 7, 2018.

?

What do you rate this week's episode?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

20.0%
  5. 5

80.0%
  1. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,908ლ
    [​IMG]
    For One's Own Pride!
    Vegeta's Challenge To Be The Strongest!!

Be sure to rate this week's episode in the poll!
    1 being worst; 5 best.

2. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,908ლ
    Really enjoyed this episode! It was great seeing Goku AND Vegeta simultaneously have a crack at Jiren. As I suspected, Jiren is weaker currently? Unless that implies he's not going all out yet and is fine.

I enjoyed the brief scenes of Goku and 17 vs. Toppo and Freeza vs. Dyspo - Freeza being a rare pepe and then Buggs slamming him through the Arena! LOL. Reminds me of Broly movie.

I thought that the hits Vegeta was managing was pretty neat and his Final Flash was pretty lit, although it didn't seem as epic as in the Cell Saga, RIP. Looking forward to future episodes, especially as it seems Vegeta has a new form or powerup. The eyes seem reminiscent of UI, so it's possible they recoloured it to hide it, but I feel like he won't get it, or at least, Goku's exact for yet. I guess Ascended SSB or SSB2 or Perfect SSB or something, either way, the hair is different, this is fact.

ッCrimson likes this.
  3. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    571ლ
    The episode was mind-blowing. It was exciting through-out. I was really enjoying myself here. The art was amazing and Vegeta staking his pride with a final flash butting in Goku's and Jiren's fight was really hype. This episode and the next will probably be one of the best moments for Vegeta in the series imo. I really enjoyed the new ending. Give's a different vibe than most dbs endings and makes you feel like Vegeta is playing a more prominent role ToP. It also showcased Vegeta's new form and honestly i'm glad Vegeta isn't copycating Goku and powering up in his own way. props to the writers for that. God I can't wait to check out 123. It's gonna be a wild ride!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Gobb likes this.
  4. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    571ლ
    Only issue with the episode is how jiren powered down so much that Goku ssb was able to keep up with him. Hopefully, they'll explain that soon.

Gobb likes this.
  5. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,908ლ
    Yeah, was great in all. In regards to vegeta's new form, check the ending, the eyes are Ultra Instinct, but just blue. Wondering if it's a variant of that (attack-based, as speculated), they are recolouring it to hide, or if it's just a coincidence.

I think it's taking on UI and breaking the timestop back to back. When he was meditating, he was recovering, imo.

6. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    571ლ
    Possibly but wouldn't that mean vegeta is stronger than Goku since it's UI+SSB and Goku is using only UI. We'll have to wait and see. It may be some sort of UI variant or a completely different form maybe ascended ssb. I hope they get more creative than that. ssb2 just seems too lazy tbh.

Yeah i think maybe because he hasn't meditated for a while his power level is constantly decreasing

Gobb likes this.
  7. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,908ლ
    I meant they were colouring to hide it, or maybe as you said, some variant that takes on traits of the strongest form? Or completely different.

8. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    571ლ
    I don't think they colored it though. it was heavily implied in the episode that Vegeta ssb is becoming more powerful so it should only makes sense that his ssb evolves or something. I mean he trains a hell of a lot more than goku and he went to the hyperbolic time chamber before tournament. Either way i'm really excited to see what Vegeta has up his sleeve!

9. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,908ლ
    Could have to hide it, but specifically the ending song has the UI-like eyes. I agreed I'd prefer not the same thing as Goku. I agree, he's trained a lot more.

ッCrimson likes this.
  10. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    571ლ
    Honestly Vegeta deserves to get the final blow against jiren. I really hope he does. it would be so emotional if he manages to do that especially since he's gonna be a father and because he wants to resurrect Universe 6. I'm hoping toei stops being so narrow-minded and try something new for the love of god. It's gonna payoff i swear.

Gobb likes this.
  11. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,908ლ
    Yeah, would be amazing! Fingers cossed.

ッCrimson likes this.
  12. Geralt of Rivia Advanced Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    15,680ლ
    Goku, Kale, Hit, Maji-Kayo and now Vegeta. Dude can't be stopped.

Jiren is such an alpha. I love it.

13. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Wow what a way to start the final battle, all the match ups are great and the action was intense. Can't wait to see the level Vegeta reaches next episode.

14. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,908ლ
    He is pretty based.

Yeah, was nice compared to the tournament as a whole.

Geralt of Rivia likes this.
  15. Yoru

Yoru Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    6,318ლ
    Just got to seeing it and it was actually really good. First episode in a while that I gave 5/5 to. It's slow and intense beginning with long staring brought back that old DBZ 90's feeling (also that whole 20 minutes = 1 minute trope lol) and the whole thing was decently animated and excellently drawn. From the writing perspective, it did something the show is notoriously famous for not doing, it honored Vegeta's character. Still, there were some flaws, for example the whole "Vegeta can see his movements" was introduced out of nowhere and in a matter of minutes dismissed since Jiren went back to pummelling him soon after. That coupled with how Goku was suddenly able to get one over Jiren when that same type of attack was blocked earlier in the arc with the narrator specifically stating that Jiren has no openings, not even when he finishes his opponents.

Overall, the animation, art, ost, pacing, directing and writing (for the most part) were really good this episode. If only the show was usually this good, maybe I'd actually like the current arc.