1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Discussion Escape Chapter(1)

Discussion in 'Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei' started by Mahesvara, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

Mahesvara
    mahes
    Keno:
    1,345ლ
    [​IMG]
    "Taurus Silver, a third-year from the National Magic University Affiliated First High School, is Mr. Shiba Tatsuya."
    The video message from one of the Seven Sages Raymond Clark broadcast not only in Japan, it created great ripples around the world. Thus, it can be said that the real "Project Dione" is a magician banishment plan.

Tatsuya announces the use of a Stellar-furnace that was researched and used in the presented project "ESCAPES Plan". Because of Miyuki, for the future of magicians, Tatsuya has chosen this path.

At the same time, a confrontation occurs between Zhou Gongjin who should have died and Minoru. In addition, the Strategic-Class Magic of a Thirteen Apostle captures Tatsuya!? The greatest crisis is about to emerge for Tatsuya and Miyuki――.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  2. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

Mahesvara
    mahes
    Keno:
    1,345ლ
    Spoilers so far (open)

1.Tatsuya wants to publish the Escape plan. Maya agrees and arranges Tatsuya to meet with Aoba.
    2.At last, Tatsuya and Aoba met for the first time under the testimony of Yakumo, Aoba sponsors Escape on condition that Tatsuya becomes a deterrent to the world → Tatsuya seeks full support from Shizuku's father.
    3.Aoba's comment on Tatsuya is "beyond expectation". Can Yakumo beat Tatsuya? Yakumo's reply: "If there is a loss of consciousness, the winning percentage is 70%."
    4.Tatsuya attended a press conference with Ushiyama. Explain that Silver was a duo and explain the Escape Plan, finally declaring Silver's dissolution (Tatsuya is focusing on Escape ).
    5.Tatsuya will talk with Clark's father and son who came to Japan, reject the Dione Plan on the grounds that he want to focus on the Escape Plan.
    6.Tatsuya and Raymond meet at Kitayama home, Raymond talks about the dream that mankind will advance into space by magic , Tatsuya responds directly “Do it on your own, do not involve me.”
    7.Zhou turned into an existence like the parasite, minoru intended to fused with the parasite located along the river, obtained zhou's enormous amount of knowledge
    8.Tatsuya = Strategy class magician has also been identified from Stars, the forces in the military who considered the Escape Plan as a threat to prepare for terrorist attacks on the Escape Plan and assassinate Tatsuya, two members who are dissatisfied with Lina are selected for the personnel. Lina is suspected of favoring Tatsuya.
    9.Association President, Tomitsuka’s mother (Hisui), collapses with stomach ulcer. Tomitsuka blamed Tatsuya for his inability to go to Usna and to cause trouble for everyone. Because he want to persuade Tatsuya to go to the USNA, he tell Miyuki that he want her to tell him where is Tatsuya, but inciting Miyuki's murderous intent.
    10.They bet the place where Tatsuya is in a duel, Guardian Minami will be the opponent. Because Tomitsuka was disturbed by the appearance of gymnastics clothes of Minami's, Minami wins.
    11.Direction of the wind starts to change with approval of the Escape Plan from Turkish strategic class magician Ali Shaheen and the professor who created the Indo-Persian Federation strategic magic.
    12.Clark arbitrarily instigates Igor to assassinate Tatsuya. On a rainy day, using igor's clone, Tuman Bomb is released to the villa of Izu where Minami, which has the maximum barrier, collapses. Tatsuya destroys the clone body that Bezobrazov used as a mediation, but Bezobrazov has escaped by a hair's breadth. and he will continue to next

Illustrations (open)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

Mahesvara
    mahes
    Keno:
    1,345ლ
    More Spoilers (open)
    Maya who brought up bringing in other corporations to support ESCAPES on a larger scale since only Yotsuba affiliated companies could manage a smaller scale of the project. Miyakijima Island, the island the Yotsuba control, which Maya was thinking of creating a new facility on decided to slightly change the plan and that since it is the optimum location for Tatsuya to use for his project. Kitayama Ushio and Toudou Aoba know one another.

So Aoba comes from an ancient family of Spiritual users and he is the sponsor for Yotsuba. Tatsuya coming out as a SCM would benefit Aoba cause he has power in Japan’s Politics and Military power and strength is what he is concerned about. His family is the ones behind the Lab 4. He doesn’t want Tatsuya to come out yet but when the time comes he wants Tatsuya to become and symbol of power.

If an energy production system centered around the Stellar Furnace spreads globally, other countries might lose their military power and capability. And Japan will have the trump card of Material Burst. Kitayama doesn't have an issue with a loss to their military strength, he isn't a politician and believes that the loss in military strength can be supplemented. Along with his own family concerns he doesn't hesitate to agree with Aoba about joining in Tatsuya's ESCAPES Project. Kitayama and Aoba are both aware of what the real intention of the Dione Project is. And when Kitayama asks Aoba about what kind of stance the Japanese government will take on ESCAPES, Aoba says "Don't interfere with the Japanese government".

In the Indo-Persian Federation, at the Magical Research Center in the former south India. Asha Chandrasekhar, a leader in the field of magical engineering at Hyderabad University. She is the developer of the Strategic-Class Magic Agni-Downburst. The Indo-Persian Federation didn't take a position for or against Project Dione until her press conference. Rather than it being an official government announcement, she as a scientist took the position to support ESCAPES and not Dione. This surprised other countries. They want to support the construction of an energy plant not for the private sector but to be made a national project. The conference wasn't aired live in North America and Western Europe. There's another part right afterwards with Leonid talking to Igor and saying that the position of one person shouldn't be the decision of a whole country. Ali Shaheen, the Turkish SCM is siding with Japan to defame Project Dione to destroy the plan by not supporting it and supporting ESCAPES to weaken the United States. Leonid calls Ali, who is 30 years old a "boy"; though Leonid is after all a 70 year old Major General. They talk and its mentioned that since Edward failed, Igor is heading back to Vladivostok.

Igor was born through artificial insemination, basically a "test-tube baby". He wasn't genetically altered and is the best success of those who were produced from countless fertilized eggs. Those who were cloned from him through biochemistry are called his "sisters". Hence Anna Andreevna and Veronica Andreevna. They were expected to be Strategic-Class Magicians like Igor that mastered Tuman Bomba but have unhealthy bodies. There are a total of seven clones that have mastered the magic. Igor is considered the "conductor" and them the "players". The name of the CAD with the capsules they are in is called Argan, but is actually called an organ and is said to look like a pipe organ. The terminal that Igor uses for his CAD is called Igrok. Tatsuya decomposes the sisters. Igor is afraid that such ultra-long range magic could be used to target him. When the sisters were gone it exceeded the system. He got out of the private military train he was using with the CAD going through Siberia. Igor didn't feel any humiliation in his heart when there weren't any further attacks and was relieved to have survived.

in this volume Tatsuru shows up due to Silver Taurus’s media announcement event. He is being ridiculed by Hyogo who is around 20 years younger than him. Tatsuru says ‘I am a father of that child’ in here the child is Tatsuya. And he asks what they are planning regarding Tatsuya, but no answer has been given. And Hyogo sends out impression that Tatsuru is even below Hyogo in Yotsuba. Hyogo indicates that Tatsuru’s dislike towards Tatsuya leads to the current situation where Tatsuru to lose his relationship as father and son.

When Yuuka reporting to Maya after her task to built barrier surrounding villa, she said to Maya regarding oath revocation has somewhat troubled her mother. But Maya said that's inevitable, Yuuka should know already the process of revoking oath has some danger of both parties of oath. The great danger would be fallen to Miyuki, and Tatsuya, all of people, still done it Furthermore, Maya said, Tatsuya cannot be re-casted anymore It's explained because any magic that would reducing magic capacity to Miyuki, Tatsuya would definitely reject it that's end of chapter 1 During building the barrier, there's some people from Tomita clan observing Tatsuya. Although their skill is not like Zhou or Chen, but it somewhat similar to Ghostwalker (much mild version I guess) If not they're surprised because of sudden build barrier, Yuuka and her guards wouldn't know there were some people there.

Katsushige worked as staff in Ministry of Defense, while his combat ability high, his work required him to formulate how the battle goes. Since there's no apparent threat in Far East, all staffs could come home from office earlier. This time Katsushige went to hotel to meet someone. There he met Kuroba Mitsugu, which Mitsugu discussed about Tatsuya. Katsushige was there as a substitute of Shibata head clan, Osamu. Mitsugu asked opinion Katsushige's opinion about press conference that will reveal Taurus Silver identity. Katsushige replied that's inevitable course of action, that's naturally happened since Edward brought the name Taurus Silver. Mitsugu expressed his opinion that Tatsuya should stay still in deep of Yotsuba, not going anywhere (a nice words for "take him captive" I guess) Mitsugu reasoned that if Tatsuya didn't go to 1st High, he wouldn't have to exposed to public. If he didn't that Stellar Furnace experiment, no one would know him and Edward Clark wouldn't sniff on that. Katsushige refute it with, Tatsuya went to 1st to fulfill his duty as guardian, for Stellar Furnace, even without that, since he already used MB during Yokohama, it's just a matter of time. Mitsushige said, at that time MB wasn't really needed because they could still defend. Katsuhige replied that, if MB wasn't used, the war of tide wouldn't become like now and there would many casualties of prolonged war. Katsushige questioned on why Kuroba took in hostile side against Tatsuya. Regarding that Tatsuya's power able to destroy world, Katsushige said it's not different than One Dictator able to destroy world and also One Government able to destroy world. There's also about rhetoric about civilian military power, military might etc, but I couldn't pay attention at most for those lines

Tatsuya and Aoba conversation: Tatsuya while keep his head down starting the talk "May I introduce myself if permitted?" "Permitted" (I use permitted because Aoba's replied with 許す (yurusu) instead 構わない (kamawanai) or 良いよ (iiyo), for Ii usually used for casual talk between friends, Yurusu used like feudal lord to his retainer) "I'm Shiba Tatsuya, it's my honor to meet you" "I'm Toudo Aoba. I've been looking forward to meet you too, Yotsuba Tatsuya" Tatsuya was still keeping his head down. "Raise your face. I permit you to talk directly" Tatsuya as had been said, then raise his body. Tatsuya faced him directly while keep his eye to Aoba's eyes. That's the meaning of "talk directly" as Tatsuya interpreted. No one rebuked him, whether from Toudo himself or from Yakumo. "I've heard from Maya that you need to explain something to me." "Yes." He didn't say "If you give me permission to take some of your time" or "If you're willing to hear some from me" such pleasantries lines. He instinctively knew that Toudo wasn't a person who want such empty formalities (or maybe pleasantries pretense? the word is 虚礼) "Let me hear it" Ultimately, Toudo immediately asked the main discussion.(edited)

"In simple line, it's establishment plant for energy production using magic." Tatsuya started with that line, explaining ESCAPES project. Toudo didn't say anything, heard what Tatsuya saying until finish. "I understand." That's what he said when Tatsuya explained that's also a mean to counter-attack against duo Edward Clark - Raymond Clark information war. "Then, am I permitted to step up in front of mass media?" "I give you permission. I'll also look for my connection to support your plan."

"Thank you very much." With that said, Tatsuya was vigilant instead of happy. Not he doubted because of it's too easy. It shouldn't without any terms/condition. What kind of terms he's given. He's afraid if it impossible to achieve. "By the way, I want to ask you something." "What is that?" Tatsuya said without changing any expression. He believed Toudo wanted to give the terms and kept ready for that.

Toudo realized the disrupted Tatsuya but didn't capitalize on that. "From your explanation earlier, you aren't seeking the cooperation from any govt agencies." "Yes." The correct was, as long they weren't hindering the project and just giving permission for doing the project, that's enough. He didn't need any governmental authorities. But he didn't bother to correct Toudo's line. "Not only energy plant. Your ability, its power is incomparable (桁違い, it's like what?! it's more than 9999??! lol). It's not something that any individual has. Naturally, only govt who should have that kind of power." Tatsuya didn't refute it. He himself thought it's as Toudo said. Even so, Tatsuya didn't think of discarding his ability. "With that power, what are you going to do? what do you want?" "Comfortable daily life." (This is the line 快い日々を)

Tatsuya didn't even have any hesitation answering that. Hearing that answer, Toudo obviously expressed displeasure with his brow. "Using that power only for yourself so you said. Which means you not interested in keeping peace for public or country's existence/continuity?" (社会の安寧 and 国家の存続) "If there's no peace in public, it's impossible to have a comfortable life. For country's existence, having a peaceful public is irreplacable to for that." "So you implied that, you're not against if there's a need to lend it to country."

"I don't say highly like lending or such... . But when there's necessity whether for defending country or public peace keeping, it's like you said." "Then, that's good. Yotsuba Tatsuya." While still keeping face-to-face, Toudo called Tatsuya as Yotsuba Tatsuya. From Toudo's expression, Tatsuya somehow knew Toudo called him as such intentionally. "What I want from you is still as usual. Using that power for this country, as a restraining power." Heard that, Tatsuya was confused.

Just what is that deterrent. Was he need to publicly stated as Strategical-Magic "Material Burst" user? But then it wasn't as "still as usual". "--- So I need to admit publicly that I'm Strategical-Magician, is that what you meant?" Tatsuya didn't let himself in dark and immediately confirming to Toudo of what he thought by asking Toudo straightfully. "Currently, no need. That's when there's necessity to do that." "Then, is it repelling another military invasion? Just like Fall two years ago." "Deterrent means, even before any actual invasion itself, that any thought of invasion impossible. If the invasion happens, that's simply military power, not deterrent. That's the power that shouldn't be invoked" (Let me add explanation if I can't articulate it well, What Toudo meant is, Japan having such military might that even another countries too scared with Japan. So having any intention of invading Japan already abandoned because they won't win, make enemy already lost even before attacking) But this too, apparently not what Toudo wanted. "Do you really don't know?" "I'm embarassed." It wasn't like Tatsuya didn't understand all of what Toudo said, but Tatsuya chose a precise meaning instead of crafty deduction (小賢しく推測)

"For you, it's not a hard thing. Restraining another countries through fear." (That's what I explained before) I see, that's Tatsuya said in heart. That's almost the same with what he guessed. Apparently Toudo wanted Tatsuya to have a role like Magic-King (魔王, maou, can be demon-lord too, but let's use like in Trinity Seven, Magic-King ). But that role wasn't required any existence of Hero just like RPG. It's more like a transcendental being (超越者) who gave disasters/maladies when touched. Calamity God (禍神)

"What you said before the usage should be evaded, but to give such fear, isn't it necessary to display power that befitted that?" "If displaying power that is necessary, the usage can't be avoided. I leave that decision to you." To achieve that, it seemed anything should be done in whatever means. Tatsuya as of now, thought that deterrent was a necessary evil. Magicians accomplished things would be changed from military achievement to public achievement. In that way, it would yield less magicians who wanted to be soldiers which also weakened military power. (I skip informational lines, will add later, maybe) "As you wish." Tatsuya replied as such the clearly expressed that he accepted that.

"May I speak?" Yakumo who didn't say anything until now finally speak. "What you have is loneliness." "No matter." What's matter to Tatsuya only one person. As long that person stood by his side, he wouldn't feel lonely. Tatsuya's heart was created that way. And also, that only person -- Miyuki, wouldn't leave his side, he knew it. Not even death could do them apart. He wouldn't let it. (I left one line, just too lazy right now) "The meeting concluded." "Sir. What precisely that I should do first?"

"I'm not intending to give you any orders. You think by yourself, and decide necessarily what you should do." Toudo said this wasn't meant as a proxy (東道のこの言葉は、白紙委任状ではない Idk how to articulate that line) It's the contrary. Whatever be happened, it wouldn't Toudo's responsibility, it's Tatsuya's responsibility. "Understood." Even with full understanding of what Toudo meant, he still said so. From the first, the one who should burden the responsibility wasn't the one who pull the string, but it's always falling to the one who did. What Toudo said wasn't just for this occassion only. "Humf, I'll talk to someone I know. This is fruitful meeting." (It's actually "um" but when we usually use "um" as a way to think before saying anything ) Toudo said to end the meeting. "So, may I take a leave from here?" "Permitted."

Minami woke up to pixie calling her and raised her barrier around the area to protect Miyuki, Tatsuya tried to decompose tb but was too late and Minami overheated her MCA to keep the barrier up while resisting TB Miyuki also noticed it and thought they got hit but Tatsuya healed them both. Minami's inner monologue goes trough all of the reasons why she must protect Miyuki, and why she does it even though she can't answer that. When she's about to lose it she goes i can't lose i can't lose i can't lose, must protect Miyuki-sama. Tatsuya followed the source of the magic and found the 2 clones, first was confused about how they looked but decided that they were definitely the source of TB and erased them. Meanwhile passing trough Siberia, when the sisters were erased he was shocked. Something burst because Tatsuya decomposed the clones on the Train where Igor was and he quickly left. He realized his fear over a super long range magic that could reach him. Since the CAD was damaged from Tatsuya decomposing the 2 clones, he couldn't continue using TB even if he wanted to. After erasing the clones Tatsuya follow Igor with ES and sees that the cad used to cast TB was damaged, so he turns to Miyuki and says it's over. They realized Minami was the one that stopped TB and go look for her. They find her on the floor, Miyuki screams, and the novel ends.

After watching press conference of ESCAPES project, Minoru felt admiration and aspiration toward Tatsuya. Admired him because of his strength stood against pressure, aspired because he used that pressure to counter. Minoru felt anguish about his physical condition, while he felt he didn't weaker than Tatsuya in term of magic or theory. He admitted Tatsuya was strong but he evaluated himself without bias. He remembered at the time of Thesis Competition last year, when he didn't get sick, he even triumph against Isori of 1st High and Kichijouji of 3rd and won against them. While lying on his bed with his side, he remembered about his adventure with Tatsuya.

He felt that very day, as if everything started for him. He then fell asleep. In that sleep he dreamed being in car, while the car bonnet was caught fire, he jumped out from that car. In that dream, he saw himself at other side, on Uji bridge. He immediately understood that he played the role of Zhou Gongjin in his dream. In that dream, he saw many scenes that Zhou experienced but unknown to him. Like attacked by some girl with bob hair style (I guess it's Fumiya), at her strike Zhou incurred damage which also felt by Minoru. (This is interesting catch, at first I didn't know which to strike whether Fumiya or Ayako, but I remember Fumiya's strike was not physical pain but the strike which incur damage to soul/psychological, hence Minoru felt the damage too) Then in another scene, there was Masaki behind Tatsuya, used Rupture to blow Zhou legs, but this time he didn't feel the damage. Lastly, he said "I won't be destroyed. Even if I die, I still exist!". With that last line uttered, he become ghost (亡霊). With Minoru experienced end of Zhou Gongjin, he felt pity for Zhou

But the dream didn't end that time. Zhou consciousness continued. His consciousness went upstream of river. The ghost came closer to Minoru, at some point in the dream, Minoru already in himself. "Become one with me!" Bridge disappeared, Minoru stood in the air above river. Minoru understood this wasn't of 7 months ago but the current. Him remembering about this whole incident made a key pass for this to happen. "Become mine!" Zhou both hand catch Minoru, precisely his hand sunk to Minoru's chest. Strangely enough, Minoru didn't panic and stayed calm. Because he knew what happened and he knew what he should do. Him being strongest of Kudou wasn't self justified. At age 16, he already mastered all magic Kudou clan have so he knew what to do..(edited)

"Go away, ghost" He rejected Zhou with Mental Interference Magic. In this dream world, his magic was still working because it's not physical. His magic blow out Zhou as if blow by storm. Zhou's body didn't have hand because his hand already stuck on Minoru body. "Give your body!" "Even I know this is weak body, no way I give it to you" (ポンコツ) Minoru activated his magic, attacking Zhou meta-body. (It's written on the line like attacking with rainbow colored magic, but I don't know how to write it, let's wait for better translation later) "Hand it to me..."

".... How pitiful Zhou Gongjin. Let's end this." He used magic which used to make Parasite Doll and applied Loyalty spell "Obey me ghost, become my sustenance" (糧) The loyalty condition applied was complete loyalty. In other word, with that spell, Minoru absorbed the ghost. "--- Thanks. I offer you gratitude for giving me this knowledge" (It's like, oh thanks, you came to me and bring me this knowledge, maybe this is better

Heavy Metal Burst can't produce enough power unless there is enough heavy metal that exists in a certain mass, and the effect is limited under geographical conditions where undulation is severe. Although, Heavy Metal Burst has a greater degree of freedom than Leviathan which can't demonstrate its true value unless its used on terrain with plentiful water such as an ocean, wide lake, or a big river. Though in terms of being influenced by geographical conditions, it is inferior to Ozone Circle and Agni-Downburst, but when conditions such as power and activations speed are introduced, Heavy Metal Burst is the equivalent of a Strategic Ballistic Missile.

Also, here is something Colonel Balance tells Lina after she pulls her aside when the conversation with Colonel Walker ends. Balance thinks that if the satellite sighting system that was used in the situation for Scorched Halloween were acquired, which she thinks is more advanced than that of the USNA. Lina with Heavy Metal Burst and Tatsuya with Material Burst can control the power around the world, thus ending the need for large-scale actions.

Thanks to the fine folks from the Mahouka discord channel.