1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Reviews Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds DLC

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by loj, Feb 10, 2018.

1. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    190,366ლ
    [​IMG]
    Developed by: Guerrilla Games
    Genre: Action,RPG,Open World
    Playsation 4 exclusive
    MY REVIEW ON THE BASE GAME

GAME MECHANICS
    [​IMG]

Nothing much changed in that department,you get 8 new SKILLS which can come in handy to you,but for me personally I haven't use them that much,at least most of them I didn't use.

Basically now you can gather items while mounted which I rarely did to be honest since it feels slower IMO since you need to walk/run to it(while mounted) and then click in that split(??) second triangle to collect it,say you are in hurry then you will just demount since you didn't do it in right second so I was kinda not feeling that skill. You can now repair OVERRIDEN mounts where again,I haven't used it as much.

Other skills are passive like,with repair option your OVERRIDEN machines have more HP. You can DISMANTLE your items for metal shards(you get 50% less than you would get it if you sell it) which come in handy since you can easily profit and get more metal shards rather than clearing up space with throwing it on the ground. You also get 20% more space in resource slot which really comes in handy,really really comes in handy and with another skill you gather more RARE stuff.

Skills are,I guess opinion based,you might like it,someone won't.

[​IMG]

DLC also comes with new MACHINES which are by the way machines on steroids.Frostclaws,Scorchers and Fireclaws are very hard to kill and they also strike very hard. I played on normal while I had the shield outfit and it was very hard idk if I was doing something wrong but they destroyed all of my shield in one hit.

You can also buy new OUTFITS with new currency which you can find "everywhere" in the new area and also can get an outfit in the "main" quests. I found them not worthy to spend "money" for so I just spent it on new WEAPONS which are great.

The corruption zones are replaced with CONTROL TOWERS which you need to disable to clear the "corruption".

Other than that nothing much changed.

DESIGN & AMBIENT
    [​IMG]

The new area is a snowy area and by the way it's absolutely beautiful,also the way Aloy leaves her footsteps and the way she walks in deep snow is just a little but nicely done touch to it.

STORY
    [​IMG]

"When Aloy first arrives in the Cut, she learns that these are troubled times for the Banuk in the region. Many of their most skilled fighters were killed in a recent failed expedition to the mountain known as Thunder's Drum, and the werak's Chieftain plans to rally more hunters for another seemingly doomed attempt. The werak's spiritual leader, their shaman Ourea, vanished in the wake of their defeat, leaving many feeling abandoned and hopeless. Furthermore, new and exceedingly dangerous machines have been appearing throughout the Cut in a phenomenon similar to the Derangement seen across the south."

It's pretty straightforward and it's obvious what will happen.I completed it in 12ish hours with the activities and trophies.

FINAL VERDICT
    [​IMG]

If you liked the BASE game without DLC you most likely won't regret buying this DLC.It's much harder and comes with new machines,new weapons,new outfits and activities.If you don't have the shield outfit you will find it even harder which is good IMO. I enjoyed it very much and it was very fun exploring new area and using the new weapons and killing the new machines.

GET IT. YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

Faint likes this.
  2. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,633ლ
    Sounds like the DLC is quite packed! That's good to hear. It looks gorgeous much like the base game. Adding in a new layer of difficulty and further mechanics is nice too.

loj likes this.
  3. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    190,366ლ
    For a normal difficulty I found it really hard? The demonic new 3 monsters takes so much hits and they hit like a truck I was very surprised being harder than usual considering the base game wasn't so hard,but damn some parts made me repeat few times and new items takes so many resurces,though I like it,I like when I get tested

Faint likes this.
  4. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,633ლ
    Does seem a bit weird for the difficulty spike, but I guess it was for the extra challenge.

loj likes this.
  5. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    190,366ლ
    Couldn't be since I didn't use the elemental resist outfits since I unlocked the shield which gives basically double HP,the new machines strike elemental dmg so I guess that could be it but damn that gave me a challenge

Faint likes this.
  6. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    28,633ლ
    Yeah, maybe if it's like extra damage from it or something.

loj likes this.
  7. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    190,366ლ
    PLAY IT

Faint likes this.
  8. Faint

Faint finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno