1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

How Has The Fandom Of The Industry Changed?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussion' started by Yoshi, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Yoshi Regular Member

recruiter
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    893ლ
    I think around the first time Anime & Manga was popular, Dragon Ball really had a popularity explosion, which led to fans wanting something to take its place, and that ended up being One Piece or One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach in North America. While One Piece is a great series, Naruto and Bleach sucking and Fairy Tail being the big series in its own magazine with it also sucking, that led to more recent series getting spotlight, like My Hero Academia for Shonen Jump and Seven Deadly Sins for Shonen Magazine. I really think we're starting to see a lot more new Manga take over besides those two as well.

I think Dragon Ball was a time where things were starting to form the culture that is Shonen Manga. Dragon Ball is a fairly consistent Battle Manga outside the Buu Arc, especially compared to stuff like Naruto, Bleach, and Fairy Tail. The Naruto and Bleach days were when people were a lot more elitist when it came to Manga and they would always shit over Dragon Ball and One Piece. Now that former two ended up sucking, I think the fanbase of Manga has become a lot more tolerant and accepting of not only other opinions on Manga, but different forms of media compared to it.

Just my point of view when it comes to the Industry and how it's changed over the years.