1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Movies Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Review

Discussion in 'TV, Movies & Sports' started by Rohan, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Rohan Guest

I had a very low expectation of this movie considering it was a sequel to the terrible and insulting movie Jurrasic World. Oh boy, I was so wrong. It is easy to make terrible sequels of great movies, but it is much harder to make a brilliant sequel of a terrible movie. Jurrasic Park 5 literally flips the equation around. This movie is fantastic and takes the Jurrasic Park movie franchise to the next level. Here are some of the great things about this movie:-
    • The protagonist characters all play vital roles in making the plot move forward.
    • The characters no longer make stupid decisions like in Jurrasic World.
    • There are tons of references to the previous four movies and the two novels.
    • Like the novels and unlike the movies, this movie has a strong and useful kid character who is also vital in the final half of the movie.
    • No more dumb dinosaurs, it's refreshing to see the dinosaurs been intelligent.
    • The human characters actually are useful in the final dinosaur fight. In the previous movies, the human characters were mostly useless in Dinosaur fights.
    • The title is justified and does not contradict the content in the movie, unlike Jurrasic World.
    • A few small things hinted in the novels are expanded upon very well in this movie.
    On to some spoiler territory, this movie is astounding mainly for two reasons:-
    1. As I said before there are tons of references to the previous movies and novels. There are scenes which are literally taken from those sources and reformed into something new. This means while the movie is a departure from the classic first four Jurrasic movies, it still feels like a vital component in the movie franchise.
    2. This movie is the climax of the Jurrasic Park movies as it brings the dinosaurs out of the confined space of an island and into the free human world. This was the main point of the first novel and it is astounding that they portrayed it so well. If Michael Crichton was still alive today and wrote a third Jurrasic Park novel, this movie would be that.
    On the negative side, there are a few inconsistencies in the movie but they are not very obvious and do not lessen the greatness of this movie.

In conclusion, this movie is a tremendous improvement over the previous movie, sets the stage for the next phase of the Jurrasic Park series and is equal to the greatness of the first movie, Jurassic Park.

I give this movie a 4.5 out of 5.

Mercy likes this.