1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

NEWS Mercy and Junkrat NERFED!

Discussion in 'Overwatch' started by JoeJoe, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JoeJoe

JoeJoe from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,226ლ

Both deserved nerfs IMO,Mercy is just too OP and was basically a must pick in matchmaking and Junkrat did instane dmg with his mines.

2. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    Honestly, the Mercy changes will change nothing for players who are experienced with her. She'll likely be picked just as much as she already is. Junkrat is another story, his viability went up because of his previous "buffs" so I guess we'll just have to see how that effects things.

3. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,226ლ
    This is a big Mercy nerf though,the ulti lasts shorter and it's a cast time on ress.Mid fight Mercy is suffering very much since you mess up with the ress = you waste your ulti.

Mercy was basically overpowered with arguably one OF if not THE best ulti in the whole game.

SO I don't agree with you saying that it won't change much,since it really does change much.

4. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    Sure, the resurrection stuff helps, but the reason Mercy is picked so much over others is because she has the highest healing per second the any other champion. Unless they nerf that, her viability in game isn't going to tank by a large amount.

5. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,226ლ
    I again disagree.

She was picked up the most 'cause of her God mode ulti.I've seen numerous time when everyone is dead on point(in A B mode) while there are some enemies on the point that Mercy pops ulti and ress 2 people combined with God heal in ulti to "RECAP" the point,that alone is a big gamechanger since she was impossible to kill without poping your ulti,so you basically ignored her as much as possible unless she was low or targeted(which was rarely the case).

Now that her speed in ulti is slower,has a cast time and lasts shorter....is a big big difference.

Comparing to what she had before and what she is now,the difference will be seen.You can't go anymore with no brainer into mid fight ressing the guys instantly,now the space of doing that will be very very small since you are targeted either way most of times since you are a support.

6. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    The sustain she brings to team fights is ultimately more important.

The ultimate was always overkill. It lasted more then it needed to, and it was very common to still find yourself in your ultimate long after the team fight ended. Sure this is a nerf, but I'm betting it feels a lot less of a waste when you push with it. Cast time is essentially a non issue for Mercy - she's meant to be in your teams back line anyway so nine times out of ten it's not going to effect anything unless you're a dumbass.

Ever since they got rid of the five man res, a lot of players were happy that more skill was going to be needed to play Mercy. The initial changes made were fun, and /did/ bring more skill based play to the table, but in between then and now, it's been too easy to carry your team. I'll say it again - in the hands of a skilled Mercy player - these nerfs will not mean that much at all.

7. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,226ლ
    Cast time IMO is the biggest nerf.Since if you don't plan it right,you can lose your ult.Not only that the gamechanging Mercy no longed exist(?!) you can't no longer just jump in mid fight and insta ress 2 people,now it's only 1 on cast time.The whole gamechanging factor is gone.

Mercy was always a gamechanger and now she basically lost it.

The ULTI now I feel like is even worse than Zenyattas since Zen now IMO has the best ulti in the game.He basically makes everyone unkillable for 6 seconds and is invulnerable as well.Mercy now with ult only gets better mobility and more heals that's it and it's a good nerf IMO.

8. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    Sorry, I just don't feel the same way at all. I guess all those hours playing Mercy made a difference since I don't feel like my play style or her place in the meta is going to change at all.

9. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,226ლ
    The strongest thing on Mercy of insta ressing is now gone.

And I'm looking at forums that most of Mercy mains aren't happy xd can see why but it's for better tbh.I honestly feel that meta will change now,we will defo see Ana more and more,maybe even Lucio comes from the death.

10. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    The insta res nerf wasn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

11. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,226ლ
    Definitely is.She always had insta ress and now she lost it.The ulti doesn't feel so OP anymore and she got grounded.She needs to have big heal on primary since she doesn't do dmg.

12. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    She already has a big heal on her primary - as I said earlier, she's picked because she has the highest healing per second in the game, and thus the best sustain in the entire champion pool.

She hasn't always had insta res - you played after the changes to her old ult where made. She wasn't always invuln during her old resurrect, she could actually be killed during casting of that.

13. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,226ლ
    What are you even saying,there's are reason why Mercy had highest pickrate ever at some point and it's definitelly not 'cause of her primary fire.It's 'cause of her OP Valk mode which was a no brainer and her whole OP kit.

She never had such pickrate before.You don't realize how OP Mercy was before(now still untill the nerfs go live).

14. Aeryn daydream in blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    24ლ
    I've been playing since the beta, and Mercy has always had a high pickrate regardless of the changes to her kit. It's because she has the highest healing per second in the champion pool. The only time where she fell off the radar was during season 2 when the spin to win meta (Ana & Reaper ults) was full swing and Mercy was a secondary healer for a short amount of time.

15. JoeJoe

Trophy Points
    Keno
    125,226ლ
    How come Mercy never hit the biggest pick rate ever before rework? You really don't realize how strong Mercy is atm.

Before with all man ress she was strong but wasn't picked as much as she was when she got a rework.At some point it was if you don't have Mercy in your team,you in 90% chances lose the match and that's stupid.

After rework nerf it became playable but she's still OP,now with the another nerf it will feel like it needs to.