1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Publishing your own novel?

Discussion in 'Novels Discussion' started by Frieza, Nov 7, 2019.

?

Have you ever wanted to publish your own book?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Maybe but it would probably be a waste of money.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Frieza Guest

Have you ever thought about publishing your own Novel or book?

If so?
    Do you think that you could make any real money from it in this digital age. When any one could just download your book for free? Not to mention all the competition out there from other books.

2. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    43,746ლ
    Never really thought of it, I don't think I have the mind to write.

No, I doubt I'd make any real money if I were to attempt.

Frieza likes this.
  3. Frieza Guest

Yes I agree. It would be a great accomplishment but it would be like a really expensive trophy. Even if your book was good. I doubt you would get many sales in this day and age.

Gobb likes this.
  4. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    43,746ლ
    There's still a place for good sales, but it's finding the right thing.

Frieza likes this.
  5. Phenom The Resident Bibliophile

Trophy Points
    Keno
    794ლ
    Have you ever thought about publishing your own Novel or book?
    Yes and I did it with minimal costs.

Do you think that you could make any real money from it in this digital age? When any one could just download your book for free?
    First of all, if you're into writing for money, you're never going to go anywhere. You want to write because you enjoy or have passion about writing. I write because I enjoy telling stories, breathing life into concepts my imagination has fabricated. I self-published my novel on my own with very minimal expenditure, just the bare bones editing, formatting and a very generous friend making a free cover for me to use and self-published through Amazon. I sold my book for a cheap $5-6 for the paperback and $3 for the digital (making more profit off the digital because Amazon doesn't require as much to compensate themselves).

With all of that and some simple word of mouth and family members sharing it on Facebook, I made around $100 the first year. I still sell copies; but, I also give away a bunch of them for free.

Unless you mean visual novels or comics/manga then no, I haven't.

Gobb likes this.
  6. Juniper The Resident Authentic Witch

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,116ლ
    I always wanted to write a book growing up based on a few ideas I had as a young girl. However now I like to write one based off myself sorta in a way and my life's story of the hardships/traumatic things that happened to me that I overcame. To show others out there there not alone and if I can get well so can they. I'm still currently on my jounery to be more at peace and happy with my life and have the right help as well too. As of right now I'm doing pretty great with minor up's and down's since nothing is perfect. If I never write my book maybe blogging about it could be another option perhaps.