1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Manga Shokugeki no Soma Manga Chapter 228 Discussion and 229 Predictions

Discussion in 'Shokugeki no Soma' started by GlitterBear, Aug 30, 2017.

?

WHAT DID YA RATE THE CHAPPPTA

1. 1(no balls)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5 (Amazeballs)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GlitterBear

GlitterBear Tentacle Taco +.+

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,740ლ
    Can be read heerrrrrrreee http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/228/4520/1

Discussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss +.+

What happened: The 'rebels talked strategy' the elite ten whinged, Rindou collapsed, and the first day of the RS officially ends!

2. GlitterBear

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,740ლ
    The chapter was ok, it was a little boring in spots and there were a few panels that didn't even make sense to me. Not the worst chapter i've ever read though from this arc.

3. Kame Heaven's Feel

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,656,246ლ
    Is SnS losing itself? Feels like a shell of its former self but that's alright, for now. The chapter was bleh, Could have been better. I'm not digging the whole 3-0, but whatever. I expected Rindo to lose.

4. GlitterBear

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,740ლ
    I think it's just kind of bobbing right now, i'm not sure if this arc was the right direction to head really

5. Kagerou

Kagerou Summertime Record

Trophy Points
    Keno
    128,860ლ
    I know this isn't good for the Rebels, and I'm not sure if it's good for the story either, but...

Souma needs to be defeated.

I'm not saying this because I don't like him, rather, it's because he's my favorite character that I want him to lose. I want him to lose and be able to learn from his experiences. It doesn't need to be now, but it really needs to be sometime soon. Takumi and Megumi need to grow as characters as well, they have plenty of room here for that.

6. GlitterBear

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,740ლ
    He has like cooking plot armour or something, I think it gets annoying at times =-=

7. Kagerou

Trophy Points
    Keno
    128,860ლ
    I like his creativity, but I love how he learns from his mistakes even more, I kinda just want him to be able to see that again, that he as a lot of room for improvement.

8. GlitterBear

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,740ლ
    Well really any character should have a strong learning from their mistakes element, and me thinks it should of been a major element of this arc for all the rebels.

9. Kagerou

Trophy Points
    Keno
    128,860ლ
    That's exactly what it is (given that 3-0), but so far it just seemed like Souma's been breezing through it.

Since the Rebels are playing it safe and for points, even if he were to lose by chance, I'd hope Takumi and Megumi would make it by somehow.

10. GlitterBear

Trophy Points
    Keno
    18,740ლ
    I still feel like it's been an easy ride for them, that they're not particularly worried or stressed or anything.

11. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,358ლ
    I mean they would be screwed if he lost right now though , wouldn't they?Considering with how much is riding on the line, his dad's and Erina's freedom, the expulsion of his classmates, the fate of every restaurant in Japan, etc.Sure he's been on a hot streak, taking out 3 elite 10 seats and most likely another one soon, if you don't count his loss against the 1st seat in the private match they had.

Sure,he'll need to lose somewhere down the road. However, there is really to much at stake for the rebellion to lose Souma at this point in the story.

I like the current arc, maybe it was more enjoyable for me since I binged it all in a few days.

12. Artifice Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22ლ
    Soma is slowing down because it is very predictable, it is drawn out because they are making the readers read through each match even though the outcomes are obvious. They really need to kill this arc fast because there hasnt been much development. It used to be you'd be excited for the next chapter because there was progression, in the state the series is now you\re just spending months waiting for Azami/Saiba to cook.