1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Discussion Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Gobb, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Better late than never edition!

[​IMG]

Episodes: 25 | Source: Light Novel | Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy

Synopsis
    The Four Cardinal Heroes are a group of ordinary men from modern-day Japan summoned to the kingdom of Melromarc to become its saviors. Melromarc is a country plagued by the Waves of Catastrophe that have repeatedly ravaged the land and brought disaster to its citizens for centuries. The four heroes are respectively bestowed a sword, spear, bow, and shield to vanquish these Waves. Naofumi Iwatani, an otaku, becomes cursed with the fate of being the "Shield Hero." Armed with only a measly shield, Naofumi is belittled and ridiculed by his fellow heroes and the kingdom's people due to his weak offensive capabilities and lackluster personality.

When the heroes are provided with resources and comrades to train with, Naofumi sets out with the only person willing to train alongside him, Malty Melromarc. He is soon betrayed by her, however, and becomes falsely accused of taking advantage of her. Naofumi then becomes heavily discriminated against and hated by the people of Melromarc for something he didn't do. With a raging storm of hurt and mistrust in his heart, Naofumi begins his journey of strengthening himself and his reputation. Further along however, the difficulty of being on his own sets in, so Naofumi buys a demi-human slave on the verge of death named Raphtalia to accompany him on his travels.

As the Waves approach the kingdom, Naofumi and Raphtalia must fight for the survival of the kingdom and protect the people of Melromarc from their ill-fated future.​

2. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Finally got around to watching the adaptation of this. Read the manga ages ago but kinda fell off with it around the mid 30's or 40's. I must say, it's nice to see it come to life and I think that the studio behind it have done a fantastic job so far.

Episode one has been a pretty good world establishing episode. Giving you a decent run-down of how the world the Naofumi has been Isekai'd into is. The OSTs are pretty on point to the show as well. Enjoyed the one that kicked in as Naofumi was ranting at the guards, King, Heroes and CO. :okhand

Ending of the first ep just got the Raphtalia, so I look forward to the ones to come and seeing her mature.

3. Ass -tastic

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,975ლ
    I've heard mixed reviews of this. Some people say the show started out strong then got progressively worse as it went along. Might give it a shot sometime now that I can binge it all

Gobb likes this.
  4. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Like with pretty much everything, reviews are largely worthless. I wouldn't bother paying much attention to them seeing as they're just opinion based 99% of the time; especially in a medium such as anime. Definitely give it a go yourself and see what you think.

Ass likes this.
  5. Ass -tastic

Trophy Points
    Keno
    4,975ლ
    The raccoon waifu already nets it a 7 in my book. xD

Gobb likes this.
  6. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    :okhand

7. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Episode 2 was pretty good. The moments with Raphtalia and Naofumi and pretty in the feels but also serious, with some cute bits. Like when she lies about wanting the ball, but her tail wags lol. Naofumi using the slave spell to make her stronger but as shown near the end, he really does care as he did put her safety above even his when he was prepared to buy time to have her get away when she really didn't wanna try and kill it. Pacing is solid. Also, the weapon shop owner is pretty based. :okhand Love how Naofumi just threatens people to be able to go places and sell stuff, lmao. Pacing is pretty good rn.

8. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Episode 3 was great! The first big battle commenced. Was good seeing Naofumi holding his own with just the shield, and using it pretty effectively to save people, and counter for Raphtalia to kill the monsters. Was pretty kino when that knight ordered the others to stay and help. :okhand When the 3 Hero's are being up themselves on a 3 v 1 offensive with the "boss" and all of their party members, when Naofumi, Raphtalia, a few knights and villages seemingly warded off and killed the large bulk of others. One finished and the grains of sand begin anew.

9. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Episode 4 was solid. I forgot how corrupt like the entire city and royalty was. Although Melty and the Queen are the "good" IIRC. The duel was pretty good until the point that Malty interrupted it. The moment with Raphtalia and Naofumi was sweet. Based on the end, we get the birb next ep. :okhand

10. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Episode 5 down. The race was pretty fun, and Filo is cute. Not too much happened.

11. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    6 was another good ep. Just working towards getting Filo her outfit which is really cute! Pretty fun anime.

12. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Episode 7 was neat. Naofumi cleaning up the other hero's messes lol. The Raphtalia and Filo adventure was neat.

13. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    Nice to see some action returning in ep 8. The cursed shield is a neat powerup and the decayed dragon being revived was neat. Naofumi just goes around fixing the mess that the other heroes make lol.

14. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    22,953ლ
    9 and done! 9 was pretty good. Malty tryna cause shit as always lol. I swear the spear hero and the royal capital people lack brain cells lol. Nothing they do is logical. I'm alright with him being comedic relief with Filo. :okhand.

15. Schpittfeuer helpless chicken

Trophy Points
    Keno
    15,874ლ
    I actually really liked this show

Gobb likes this.