1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

The Mafia Chat Lair

Discussion in 'Mafia Management And Support' started by Rohan, May 16, 2017.

1. Rohan Guest

For discussion about management of the Mafia and Assasin Games section.

2. Rohan Guest

@Cow
    @Prada
    @Ratchet

You may post your ideas and plan how the Mafia section would work.

Just give an outline of what you think should be done.

3. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    Cool, I'll be on after work.

Rohan likes this.
  4. Ratchet Advanced Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,599ლ
    So, I have a few ideas, but I think I can better illustrate them by drawing up a mock version. I expect I'll have to get this done tomorrow sometime, but before I do, does anyone have any particular requirements they really want in the Schedule?

5. Prada memes win games

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    10,233ლ
    Well I like the schedule. I would also like a thread where more experience hosts can offer their services for co hosting and balancing.

1. You are not allowed to betray your faction. Betrayal includes assisting other factions apart from your own without reasoning, and actively sabotaging your own team’s efforts.
    2. No trolling or insulting other players.
    Case in point with these rules is. First off what is betraying your faction? Bussing them for town cred? That's actually valid play in my eyes even, if it's a bit of a dickmove. I find that limiting the game overall.
    The second rule is well. I am myself a rather aggressive player and sometimes trolling or mockery can force out reactions out of players or cause disruption in the play of the scums. As scum said play can also be used to divide town. While there is a certain border, I don't think all of it should be banned. Instead I think, if there really is a violation of it, it should be reported to the managers and they decide, if it was too much.

6. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    How large of a player base do we got here, about? Good place to start.

7. Rohan Guest

I would say 10 solid players for now.

8. Rohan Guest

First one can happen when someone who does not want the Mafia role ditches the game and reveals his mafia identity. It has happened in my game once. I think the rule needs to be more clear and exclude town mislynches and Mafia bussing.

I am okay with the trolling part been removed. Insulting should stay as I think personal attacks should never be allowed in a Mafia game. If players want to force reactions, they can use different strategies but name calling is a no go. This is because a personal insult can be easily perceived as a serious one by the one been insulted.

I have edited the rules, please read them over again.

9. Ratchet Advanced Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,599ლ
    So, here goes.

First, some operation rules.

• New Hosts must receive the assistance of an Experienced Host in order to run a game. An Experienced Host is defined as a Host who has exhibited that they are able to run balanced and fair games at least once. (We can change this to require a Manager to able to run a game, with "Experienced Host" being able to run games without a Manager. The latter will help with balance more, but may also deter people from co-hosting a little, which shouldn't be a problem as long as we consider game size appropriately). I would personally go for the latter, out of the two.
    • After a game finishes, a Host has up to one week to post their signups. If they do not, they will lose their place in the queue, and must sign back up at the back again. Successively doing this will result in the Host being unable to post signups without first demonstrating that they are willing to commit to the game. If they do not post sign ups, but inform player's and/or the Managers that they will not be able to do so before the week is done, they may swap their place with the Host(s) below them, and will not be removed from the queue.
    • Once signups are filled, Hosts have one week in which to post the game thread. Failing to do this will result in the game being placed on Hold and the next host will post their signups. The Host will then, after the next game has ran to completion, be given the option of posting their Game Thread to restart the game.
    • The can only be one sign up thread open at a tie, and one game thread at a time. The exception to this is for Turbo Games. These will operate independently of the main queue, but only one Turbo Game can be ran at a time.
    • Hosts may move down the queue if they are not ready to host their game when their turn comes around.
    • To gain a slot in the queue, New Hosts must request an Experienced Host (or Manager) to run their game with, and ideally should post the theme of their game. They are able to freely change this, and can do so by simply tagging a manager.
    • New Hosts must have played at least two games here in order to request a spot. This will not be applied if there are currently no other hosts in the queue who meet this criteria.
    • Hosts are allowed only one game in the queue at a time.
    • If a game remains stalled for a week without input from the Host, an Experienced Host (/Manager) will run the game (if they are involved due to the Host being New. If no co-host is present in the game, a Manager will reach out to the Host to inquire about the reason for the delay. After a period of three days, if no response is made or the response is deemed unsatisfactory (at the Manager's discretion), the game will be postponed, and the Host in question will lose their Experienced Host tag (i.e. will require a Manager to host another game). After the next game runs, the Host will be given the option to continue their game, with the assistance of a Manager (if no Manager is available to run the game, an Experienced Host of the Manager's choosing will take their place). If this option is not taken, the game will be called a Draw and cancelled.
    • If a Host feels that a player has acted against the spirit of the game, at the end of the game they may ask for the Managers to look into the matter. If the Managers deem their behaviour was indeed against the spirit of the game, then they can award the player 1 point. Player's with 1 Point will not be able to Host games on their own, and Host's will be given the option of refusing their sign up into their games. If a player has 3 points, they will not be able to sign up for Mafia Games here. Points last for 6 months, and will be logged in the OP of the Schedule (along with a completed games archive, upcoming games archive and these rules). Players may appeal their awarding of a point, but to do so must provide evidence that their play was in fact in spirit of the game.
    • If an Experience Host runs a game that is deemed to be unbalanced or unfair towards or against a side, if they fail to justify the balance they will lose their status as an Experienced Host. Note that this will only occur if Major Balance Issues or Bias is found - minor issues or issues the Host acknowledges openly after the game will not cause an Experience Host to lose their status.
    Back onto the first point, I really think Managers wold be better as we can better ensure balance that way by only having a select few initially be able to run games on their own, instead of having everyone who has ever ran a game regardless of balance get to run all on their own or even advise in balance. In the long term if all goes well it should be irrelevant as we hopefully will have enough people able to balance a game. If any Manager is unsure about the prospective balance of a game, as long as we're not playing we can collaborate on it and still only have the one manager in question listed as a co-host.

In terms of insulting or whatever, I feel like we can better cover that by adding "please follow the global rules of SugoiDesu". That should cover insulting, spamming links and anything else that clearly breaks the terms of service of the site. I can't immediately find a rules thread Rohan but if you have one we can just link to it through there. If anyone is insulting players OTT then they can always be forced subbed out and banned from playing or whatever.

I think that covers most of what I wanted to say here. Anyone have any suggestions that I've missed, or queries regarding any of the points?

10. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    Skimmed your post, looks mostly good. I'll give a formal response in the morning since I got tomorrow off of work :okhand:

11. Rohan Guest

I think game manager is a better option than experienced host.

12. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    That looks like a good starting point, Ratchet. Since there's so few people, one game/time is probably the best way to go. And as Rohan says, we could just start with game managers helping to co-host games until we get a base of solid, regular hosts on-site.

We should also do something to promote recruiting new players. Any ideas for that? Could be something simple like Keno or VIP or w/e, or something along those lines.

13. Rohan Guest

Well if you play any Mafia Game here till the conclusion of your role, you will get 7 Days Pro. The Host of a Mafia Game is given 30 Days Pro. There is also the MVP Award. I will post a possible prize list later on.

14. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    Something for bringing in new players is a good idea IMO. Like, referral bonuses and crap.

15. Ratchet Advanced Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,599ლ
    Yeah, what about an award for bringing in X new players? Something like that anyway.