1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

NEWS Toei Animation to Establish Department Focused on Dragon Ball

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Mahesvara, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Toei Animation announced last Friday that it will introduce a number of department restructurings on April 1, part of which will be the establishment of a third department under its Anime Planning and Production Headquarters that will focus mainly on Dragon Ball projects. Atsushi Suzuki (Digimon Adventure tri., Expelled from Paradiseproducer), will head the new department, in addition to retaining his titles of executive and business development department head.

The other two divisions will also be reorganized. The Television Planning Department, which focused on television anime, will be renamed into Planning Division Department 1. It will retain its current focus. Under the department will be Video Planning Office 1, the Overseas Video Planning Office, and the Video Planning Management Office. Takashi Washio (Maho Girls Precure!, Tiger Mask W planning) will remain the head of the department, as well as the Video Planning Management Office. He will no longer be the head of the Film Office.

The Video Planning Department, which focused on CG anime, will be renamed into Planning Division Department 2, and will also retain its current focus. Under the department will be Video Planning Office 2 and the Media Planning Office. Kouichi Noguchi (KADO - The Right Answer producer) will remain the head of the department, as well as Video Planning Office 2.

In addition, the Production Management Department and the Ōizumi Studio General Affairs Office will be merged and renamed the Studio Management Department, and the General Affairs Department and the Human Resources Department will be merged and renamed the General Affairs Human Resources Department.

Shueisha, the publisher of Akira Toriyama's original Dragon Ball manga, similarly established a "Dragon BallRoom" to focus exclusively on the property in June 2016.

Source: Animation Business Journal (Tadashi Sudo)

2. Yoru

Yoru Godly Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    6,324ლ
    So more DB confirmed?

3. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,928ლ
    wew lad
    I had assumed that this would've just been the dragon ball room or w/e but I guess that's regarding managing things and this is specifically in regards to animation projects?

4. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Looks like it. Considering DB is Toei's most profitable franchise, no way would they stop with the upcoming movie.

Its under the animation planning and production department, so yes.

Yoru and Gobb like this.
  5. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,928ლ
    I realized that that was under shueisha and this is Toei.

6. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Well overall this is great news for DB fans. By the looks of things, this series is going to continue on for a very long time.

Gobb likes this.
  7. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,928ლ
    Yeah, can't wait to see what's next! Relaxing episode each week will be nice again.

8. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    I kinda wish DB would take a seasonal approach in their next tv anime tbh. Like air for 24 episodes over 2 seasons, then take a season or two break, and repeat. I think quality would be better and we'll get less filler, this is just wishful thinking on my part tho.

Gobb likes this.
  9. Gobb

Gobb finds a way

Trophy Points
    Keno
    45,928ლ
    Yeah, that'd be great for the production team.