Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Multiplatform Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by KPOP, Aug 7, 2017.

1. KPOP Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,041ლ
    [​IMG]
    Have any of you ever played the tomb raider games? If so, which ones and which one was your fav? i have not played the older versions and i am not interested in playing them now either, the graphics are boring and too meh in my opinion, i rather play more modern games :p but i know a lot of people love the old ones too and tomb raider has been a huge success in the game world i have heard so thought maybe some here played it as well. So far i have completed rise of the tomb raider which is the latest and was really nice but just hate the fact it is full of glitches.... now playing the 2013 version which is also nice but not as awesome as the latest one though :( Tomb raider involves a lot of stuff incl shooting...normally i say i do not want to play shooting games as it is not my thing and never will be but when it comes to these games, i find it kinda cool and does not bother me as much because it is more an adventure game - i love that kind of stuff so yeah :p you also need to explore shit which is also my thing.

i been kinda obsessed with these games lately, i find them quite awesome to be honest but the 2013 version is kind of bloody which is meh but ah well

2. Globear

Globear Tentacle Taco +.+

recruiter
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    10,869ლ
    I've played a bunch the earliest being one i played on the ps1, doubt i could list them all.
    Although the graphics get better as time goes on (obviously) the newer ones lack that BOOM

that feeling of getting yourself into a hole and not being able to find a way out

3. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    90,772ლ
    I've played the newest one and it was great!

4. Astralaria

Astralaria ダイスキ

I've played 1, 2, 3, Last Revelation, Chronicles and basically skipped everything after that. (Angel of Darkness was the funniest ******* thing don't even get me started.) and then picked it up when the new gen came out.

The new series is a re-imagining of the original - while the story does take some points from the previous series it's a completely fresh experience. I miss being able to lock that damn butler in the fridge, but I'm glad that they kept the "I want to see how many funny ways I can kill Lara" alive and well.

Honestly you haven't lived until you've swan dived into solid concrete. The new gen players are missing out.

5. KPOP Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,041ლ
    @Globear you make it sound like the new ones are not difficult :p trust me, they can be very difficult lol
    @Astralaria i don't know.... i doubt it about missing out, i honestly do not fancy playing games from back in the day, the graphics are no good compared to what we have now, which now is soooooo good, on so many levels so yeah :p i enjoy this more

6. Astralaria

Astralaria ダイスキ

Not playing games based on the graphics is probably the most shallow a gamer can get, tbh. Games should be about the game play, not how pretty they look.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  7. Globear

Globear Tentacle Taco +.+

recruiter
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    10,869ლ
    They are!!! But it's not the same +.+ there's still always a way to get out and progress

8. KPOP Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,041ლ
    call me a shallow gamer when it comes tomb raider all you want, i don't care :p
    I may judge these tomb raider games by ''looks'' but at least i am not like this when it comes to people, which is something that truly matters in life unlike games.
    I give everybody a fair chance, no matter your looks/race etc ,which is something that is very hard to do for a lot of people nowadays.
    so yeah, i'm ok with it if i am a shallow gamer, i rather be that than to be shallow towards real life matters :)

9. Astralaria

Astralaria ダイスキ

Justifying it doesn't make it any better. If it wasn't for remakes and remasters, people like you would miss out on those games. Just take Crash Bandicoot for example - the overall game play is unchanged (A couple added frills) but you would have never played such a great game because of the "bad" graphics.

If you're not willing to judge a person by appearance, you should realise that it should apply for games as well. They are many great games out there that are fantastic, but are old.

10. KPOP Newbie Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,041ლ
    i wasn't trying to justify anything because like i said, call me a shallow gamer all you want, i don't give a tiny rats ass. there are more important things out there than games where the whole ''judging by looks'' matters more
    You can't tell me what to do sweetheart but i appreciate your concern for games :)

11. Astralaria

Astralaria ダイスキ

Or you can be condescending when I'm just trying to discuss the matter. Cool.

12. Anru

Anru Gamble Queen

recruiter
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    218ლ
    I have played the 2013 (2015 PS4 Version) on my PS4 and I really liked it I loved to kill those soldiers with my one woman army Laura Croft and clear the game.

While secredly hoping for a lesbo ship between Lauro and Sam :p