1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Mahesvara, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    [​IMG]

Episodes: 12 | Source: Light Novel | Genres:
    Action, Fantasy, School

Synopsis
    The Alzano Empire is home to one of the most distinguished magic schools in the world: the Alzano Imperial Magic Academy. Here, ambitious young students undergo training to become competent magicians. Sistine Fibel—a stern noble girl—and her bright-eyed best friend Rumia Tingel attend the Academy, determined to cultivate their magical skills.

However, their world is thrown for a loop when their favorite teacher suddenly retires and the enigmatic Glenn Radars replaces him. His lazy and indifferent attitude toward life and magic quickly puts him at odds with his class. What's more, nefarious forces hidden within the empire's walls start to become active, and Sistine, Rumia, and Glenn find themselves caught up in their schemes.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records follows Sistine, who is captivated by a mysterious floating Sky Castle; Rumia, who is haunted by a troubled past; and Glenn, who may be more than meets the eye. Though completely different on the surface, they are inexplicably bound together by a thread of fate.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

2. Arc The King )***(

Trophy Points
    Keno
    707,546ლ
    It's not really something new or unique, but it is one of the better series this season.
    I enjoyed both episodes so far and the humor isn't bad. I like trollish mc's like that. Who also turn badass the moment they wanna beat the crap out of someone. xD

Episode 2 was great. Loved how he finally has shown what he's capable of and the saving scene made me rofl. Glen knows how troll even in moment like that. haha

Mahesvara likes this.
  3. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    My thoughts exactly, its generic, but its been executed quite well so far. I'm curious to know what kind of past Glenn has and how he became a freeloading lazy bastard. From what I gathered in the 2nd episode, he has the skill set of an assassin and his way of casually bringing up magic's true use for killing people(great moment btw)kinda shows that he has the mindset of one as well.

Arc likes this.
  4. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Episode 3 was great btw

5. iNoto

iNoto Hajimari to owari wa kiseki no moto ni

Trophy Points
    Keno
    352ლ
    Episode 1 : Absolute shit.

Episode 2: Ok ok.

Episode 3: I like where this is going.

6. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Yeah, episode 1 left a bad impression, but the next few episodes I was like "damn this is actually pretty good". Its kind of cool that Glenn is a tainted hero like Kiritsugu and Emiya. I feel bad for the poor souls who dropped it after ep 1.

7. iNoto

iNoto Hajimari to owari wa kiseki no moto ni

Trophy Points
    Keno
    352ლ
    I was one of those but I was thankful to read the comments of episode 2 and it was pretty positive so I was like ''lets give it another chance'' and watched episode 2. So much better. Ima treat episode 1 as filler.

I'm in for a lazy protagonist but at least you either be smart or strong.

8. Arc The King )***(

Trophy Points
    Keno
    707,546ლ
    Good episode.

We got some decent action and leared more about troll-kuns past. He's lazy af, but smart and knows how to handle shit. Can't wait to see what kind of bad stuff he did and how he ended up as a magekiller, since he said he hated it and regrets his past.
    Also nice interaction between him and shiro neko. Was fun when she blushed when Glen put his hand on her shoulder and then just pushed her down and she being like "huh"?, "huh"? lol

Hopefully we will get to see more of his "sensei" or whatever that blonde milf is.

9. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    The problem with episode one is that they didn't show you any redeeming qualities for Glenn, he seemed like a literal scumbag, but seeing what the LN fans had to say about kept me going an I'm glad that I did. I also like the chemistry he has developed with Sistine and Rumia, it doesn't seem romantic yet either and I heard this isn't a harem but we'll see.

Yes this too

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  10. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    4th episode was pretty solid, its kind of sad that the initial reason Glenn is trying to win the tournament is for money lol, but you can tell he is actually really proud of his students. Well we also get to see Rumia's mother this episode, she abandoned Rumia, but it seems like she did it to save her, at least that's my theory. Looks like two more people from Glenn's past show up, so I'm hoping we get to know more about what he did and what he went through next episode. Also to note, the guard looks shady af.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  11. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Well that was a nice 3 episode arc. The intro to Glenn's old co-workers was nice, Re=L was especially entertaining. It was great to see Rumia reconcile with her mother. Glenn made a big mistake by offering to treat his students for winning, RIP Glenn's bank accounts. Only gripe would be that this arc felt a bit rushed and i would have liked to see more of the competition tbh.

12. Schpittfeuer helpless chicken

Trophy Points
    Keno
    16,013ლ
    I've seen comments stating that it is best anime of the season.

it's not bad, not boring, but not exceptionally good either. Very much cliched

13. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    There's nothing wrong with it being cliche, as long as its done well and this anime has done that so far.

14. Schpittfeuer helpless chicken

Trophy Points
    Keno
    16,013ლ

Cliched means repeitive and at some point you start to think- I've seen the same thing so many times already.. And you start to get bored.

15. Mahesvara Lostbelt King

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,352ლ
    Cliche means unorginal, which accounts for the vast majority of anime made. The real quality of a show depends on its excecution and so far and thats why Rokudenashi has been getting a lot of praise. Plus this show has a pretty unique protagonist for this kind of genre.