1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

The Mafia Chat Lair

Discussion in 'Mafia Management And Support' started by Rohan, May 16, 2017.

1. Rohan Guest

@Rise-Chan, you can discuss about Mafia Management here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
  2. Rise-Chan Newbie Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,036ლ
    Great. Thanks.

3. Rohan Guest

@Prada @Ratchet, What do you think of this? :happymm

@Cow, you need to give your response to Ratchet's post.

4. Ratchet Advanced Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,589ლ
    I'll be drawing up a mock calendar soonish, so we can see what it will look like and make changes for ease of reading or whatever

Rohan likes this.
  5. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    Lemme know if you want help with that.

6. Rohan Guest

I am thinking of making this discussion public so that everyone can give their inputs. I cannot give the Godfather role to everyone and I think an opinion from everyone is essential to make fair rules.

What do you all think:-

@Prada @Ratchet @Cow @Rise-Chan

7. Ratchet Advanced Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,589ლ
    I think you could use this to discuss things like we have been, and create /use a general discussion thread for things like that.

8. Rise-Chan Newbie Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,036ლ
    I agree with Cheese. Keep it isolated.

9. Ratchet Advanced Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,589ლ
    Sugoi Desu Official Mafia Calander

Section 1: Hosts

Managers:

@Ratchet
    @Prada
    @Cow
    @Rise-Chan

Experienced Hosts:
    @Ratchet
    @Prada
    @Cow
    @Rise-Chan

Section 2: Games

Ongoing Games:
    Elsword Mafia - Lord Maple (Grandfathered)

Upcoming Games:
    ??? - Cow (Grandfathered)
    Death Note Mafia - Ansatsuken (Grandfathered)

List of Points:

Game Archive:
    WIP

Section 3: Operation Policy

Calendar Operation:
    • To sign up as a Host, players must have played a minimum of two games at Sugoi Desu, or has a Co-Host that isn't defined as a "Supportive Co-Host" accompanying the requested slot with them.
    • New Hosts must receive the assistance of a Manager in order to host a game.
    • After successfully running one game to completion, the Manager involved with the game may opt to move the New Host into the Experienced Host category.
    • Experienced Hosts do not require a Manager to run a game.
    • Once a game ends, the Host up next has one week in which to put their sign up thread up. Failing to do so will cause the Host to lose their place in the Queue, and are required to re-request a slot. Successively failing to post the sign up thread on time will result in the Host being unable to request a spot until they are capable of demonstrating that they are willing to commit to the game, with a final decision taken by the Managers. If a player does not post the sign up thread, but informs players and the Managers before the deadline is up, they may be granted an extension and/or an offer to swap places with the Host below them in the Queue.
    • Once sign ups have been filled, Hosts have 1 week in which to start the game. Failing to do this will result in the game being placed On Hold, and the next Host will post their sign up thread. After that game has ran (or otherwise the slot has expired), the Host will be given the chance to start their game. Failing to do this will result in the game being cancelled, and the Host removed from the Experienced Host list, unless they are able to provide a reason for the delay.
    • There may only be one Sign Up thread at any one time, and only one Game Thread at any one time. An exception to this is granted for Turbo Games, which operate independently of the main queue, but only one Turbo game may be running at any one time.
    • Hosts may opt to move down the Queue any number of spaces any time leading up to their slot being ready to host.
    • A Host may have only one game in the queue at a time.
    • If a game remains stalled for a week without input from the Host, Manager will run the game (if they are involved due to the Host being New. If no co-host is present in the game, a Manager will reach out to the Host to inquire about the reason for the delay. After a period of three days, if no response is made or the response is deemed unsatisfactory (at the Manager's discretion), the game will be postponed, and the Host in question will lose their Experienced Host tag if applicable (i.e. will require a Manager to host another game). After the next game runs, the Host will be given the option to continue their game, with the assistance of a Manager (if no Manager is available to run the game, an Experienced Host of the Manager's choosing will take their place). If this option is not taken, the game will be called a Draw and cancelled.
    • If a Host feels that a player has acted against the spirit of the game, at the end of the game they may ask for the Managers to look into the matter. If the Managers deem their behaviour was indeed against the spirit of the game, then they can award the player 1 point. Player's with 1 Point will not be able to Host games on their own, and Host's will be given the option of refusing their sign up into their games. If a player has 3 points, they will not be able to sign up for Mafia Games here. Points last for 6 months, and will be logged in the OP of the Calendar. Players may appeal their awarding of a point, but to do so must provide evidence that their play was in fact in spirit of the game.
    • If an Experience Host runs a game that is deemed to be unbalanced or unfair towards or against a side, if they fail to justify the balance they will lose their status as an Experienced Host. Note that this will only occur if Major Balance Issues or Bias is found - minor issues or issues the Host acknowledges openly after the game will not cause an Experience Host to lose their status.
    • To request a spot, a New Host must request a Manager of their choosing (if none are selected, one will be decided) and their theme. The theme can be changed at any point by tagging me to amend the listing.
    • All players, Hosts and Managers are expected to follow the global rules of Sugoi Desu.

@Rohan If this is all good with you (and other managers), I can post this thread whenever. We could do away with Grandfathering people who have already signed up (as Im not confident Ansatsuken can run a game on his own) and just start clean, up to you.

10. Rohan Guest

I do not understand this? :happymm

11. Prada memes win games

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    10,233ლ
    It's a rather obscure term for me as well, but it means that these games were registered before the new rules Ratchet made were created. Hence they are exempt.

12. Ratchet Advanced Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,589ლ
    Yeah, it's where the current games in the queue don't have the new standard enforced. I'm saying we could scrap that or roll with it anyway.

13. Rohan Guest

Okay, I think that it's for the best that these rules don't apply to the upcoming games of @Cow and @Ansatsuken.

14. Cow Regular Member

Godfather
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    2,389ლ
    I went through the entire post. Looks pretty standard, nothing stands out to me to be inherently wrong. Should be fine. If there are any issues in the future, we can always fix it then.

I don't mind just going with the new system for my game, but if it would trouble ansa, making him exempt would be fair. Grandfathering is fine, imo.

It might not be a bad idea to have a few shorthand TLDRs to go with this, just for quick reference. Though then again, if someone wants to host a game, it's better if they aren't lazy.

15. Rohan Guest

@Ratchet: Post the Game Schedule thread whenever you get the time. I am getting more hosting requests so the sooner it goes up, the better.

Ratchet likes this.