1. Hey, Guest! Do you want to chat with us? Then come to the chat thread Here!
  2. Hey, Guest! Follow Sugoi Desu on FaceBook Here!
Welcome to Sugoi Desu, Respected Guest! Please take a moment to register today.

Discussion Why the Love for DBZ (DBS whatever)

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Punk, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Archisman Junior Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    114ლ
    Well it may not be true for you but I have seen many people who have watched it just because it is a part of Dragon Ball franchise.

And even though Naruto and Ft gets hated but you have to remember they didn't create a legacy like DBZ.

DBZ made anime popular outside of Japan to tell the truth.So naturally there are many die hard fans for it who will watch it just because of it's name.

Now looking back it doesn't seem anything special. If you read or see Tokyo Ghoul,Kingdom,Full Metal Alchemist,Hunter x Hunter,D Gray Man or Berserk or Monster Attack on Titan,you with find DBZ average.

2. loj

loj from the east blue

Trophy Points
    Keno
    189,804ლ
    Difference is,Dragon Ball is known world wide basically,it's the "picture" of anime.

Ask anyone about Goku and most of them will know who that is.

DB is living of it's past not 'cause it's so good that it's a must watch.

3. ッCrimson Coding in Java

Trophy Points
    Keno
    1,389ლ
    Yes it may be the most popular anime and Although, it may true for some ppl that they watch dbs because of it's legacy basically there are some like you and @Archisman who hate dbs even though they liked dbz probably. So I don't think that argument is applicable to everyone. You may love dbs just because you enjoy it.

4. Mahesvara

Mahesvara Zero Two

mahes
    Trophy Points
    Keno
    10,354ლ
    Comparing DBZ to other franchises in terms of quality is a mute point, considering thats all based subjectivity. Plus im sure they're plenty of people who read or watched the series you've mentioned yet still prefer DBZ.

5. Archisman Junior Member

Trophy Points
    Keno
    114ლ
    I haven't personally seen such people though I met few people in online who think DBZ is the greatest even though it is not as great as the ones I mentioned.

But anyway it is their personal preference after all.Can't blame it.

But I have also seen people who at one point thought DB is the best though after reading or seeing other series's changed their mind.